Success! Your request has been sent and a representative will be in contact soon.
Doctors almost daily see pain and suffering. Often doctors' care is limited by constraints within the public health system. This is particularly true in rural communities.
The AMA Queensland Foundation brings together medical colleagues and the business community to deliver vital services outside those catered for by the public health system.
We were established in 2000 as the charitable arm of AMA Queensland, with a mission to improve medical conditions in areas of need, by raising funds to finance and implement:
improved or emergency medical services in rural and remote areas
improved medical education
vital medical research.
We do this by:
providing life-saving medical services, treatments and equipment to people in need, particularly in rural and remote regions
financially supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds to undertake medical training.
Such activities are at the very core of our charter: doctors doing good.
The AMA Queensland Foundation also financially supports:
health promotion projects and activities that enhance existing medical services
Ways we can help you
Support a patient falling through the gaps: We welcome funding applications for patients in need. The Foundation can provide financial support for a patient's critical medical intervention or an organisation you are involved with that directly provides support to those who need significant assistance. The Foundation would also like to work with members to develop or continue long-term projects that specifically targets those with significant needs in your community.
Support your funding initiative: We welcome your recommendations for worthy funding initiatives. It's in our DNA to advocate on behalf of those who need the Foundation’s support. That's why we actively look for opportunities to support Queenslanders. As a Public Benevolent Institution, our support must be specifically targeted at people in need and not broader general community programs.
Read more about:
Ways you can help us
We receive no government funding to deliver our targeted support to people in need. There are many ways you can help us make a difference:
- Make a tax-deductible donation to our EOFY and Christmas appeals.
- Make a bequest in your will to ensure that the Foundation lives on.
- Become an AMA Queensland Foundation 'regular giver' by pre-authorising monthly, quarterly, or an annual tax deductible donation.
- Choose us as your organisation's CSR partner,
- Participate/attend an AMA Queensland Foundation event.
- Make the AMA Queensland Foundation your charity of choice when participating in community events such as the Bridge to Brisbane, Gold Coast Marathon Festival or the Cairns Ironman.
- Participate in 'Operation Donation' Week where doctors donate the proceeds from just one performance of your most common operation, procedure or service – it's tax deductible.
All contributions are gratefully received and acknowledged. All donations over $2 are tax deductible.
If you would like to speak to us about a funding initiative or making a donation, please don’t hesitate to call us on +61 7 3872 2222 or email [email protected].