Success! Your request has been sent and a representative will be in contact soon.
Some projects we have supported over the years:
- Raised $70,583 in our EOFY tax appeal for Youngcare to support their At Home Care Grants and Home Support Grants.
- Approving 29 x $1,000 grants to assist 29 Townsville families affected by the Far North Queensland floods;
- Sponsoring remotely based Queensland children to participate in Hear and Say’s Telepractice speech and language development program. Using videoconferencing, children are able to receive therapy in their own homes - considerably easing the financial and emotional strain on their families who would otherwise have to travel extensively to receive therapy or forgo therapy altogether;
- Funding support programs and equipment loan initiatives for patients diagnosed with motor neurone disease to improve their quality of life and ease the financial and emotional burden on their families;
- Funding fast-tracked ear, nose and throat surgery for 36 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children living in remote and rural Queensland who faced considerable challenges accessing timely treatment;
- Donating a new outreach van to Rosie's Cairns. The van provides much needed food and supplies as well as a friendly face to those who feel marginalised within the Cairns community;
- Launching the Resilience on the Run program aimed at improving the wellbeing of junior doctors. The program equips young doctors with the coping skills needed to thrive in the challenging field of medicine; and
- Providing scholarships that enable medical students who are experiencing financial hardship to continue pursuing their studies.
- Fundus Camera Purchase to conduct eye and diabetes screen clinics in West Queensland (Deep Eye Diagnosis Program (2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006))
- Muscular Dystrophy Equipment purchases
- Educational toys, rehabilitation and medical equipment purchased for the Royal Children's Hospital
- Special Equipment and Minivan to Red Hill Special School
- Program funding for Mental Health
- Substantial donation to the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal (2011 Floods)
- Retinal camera for Cunnamulla Health Centre
- Vehicle purchase for Dr Lara Wieland's - Out There Kowanyama Leadership Program
- Program funding for Obesity
- Purchased an incubator for Cancer Research at UQ
- Purchased a Cyto Spin for Cancer Research at UQ
- Funding patients to undertake Breast Cancer research with Professor Sunil Lakhani